March 8, 2021
Dear Families and Friends,
We are pleased to announce that all of our test results are currently negative! At this time, all Residents are well and have no symptoms.
We are also happy to announce that over 75% of our Residents and staff have received both the vaccination shots! We are currently waiting for the full immunity of all who received the vaccine.
As you know things are always changing – we understand that the CDC made announcements today however, because we are not only a residential care facility we are a skilled nursing facility as well therefore for the safety and health of all of our Residents we follow the California Department of Public Health Guidelines.
We will be starting the in-person visits again starting Wednesday, March 10, 2020 for all Residents.
Compassion Visits for our Skilled Nursing Unit 2nd floor Residents: Rachel Marquez our Social Worker will contact you to come in and sign a form. Visits will be limited to a specific room only, one visitor per day. We understand this is not easy, we thank you for your understanding.
Residents on the 1st, 3rd, Apartments and all other Residents on the 2nd floor: We ask that everyone please continue to follow the guidelines below. Please be patient with us as we are navigating our way through this to make sure you are able to visit your loved one, while focusing on everyone’s safety, well-being and health. We ask that everyone cooperate with us in following these guidelines — we would not want anything to bring a halt to these visits.
1) Visiting Hours will be in 30-minute increments: Monday thru Friday from 9:00am to 6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am to 3:00pm .
2) Following the Department of Public Health guidelines, we ask that you limit the family size to no more than 2 adult members or 3 members 1 adult and two children until 13y at a time. We ask that only one group of family members visit per day – please no back to back visits.
3) All family members MUST bring and wear a mask during their entire visit. We are not able to provide masks. Without a mask you will be asked to reschedule your visit. The Department of Public Health is also asking that you refrain from touching, hugging and holding hands. Thank you for understanding!
4) Our Activities Department will set up 30-minute visits with your loved one. Families MUST make a reservation with Bing Varias, Activities Director firstname.lastname@example.org or Call (310) 548-0625 ext. 227. Every day the Activities Department will give a list of visitors to the Receptionist. The Receptionist will ONLY allow those family members on the list to visit at designated times to come through the back gate, they will also ask you the COVID questions, and make sure you have your mask and gloves. If you do not have your mask and gloves you will not be allowed through the gates for your visit.
5) We ask that you please respect the 30-minute time frame reserved, please arrive on time, not early. If you arrive early, please remain in your car until it is time. We must be strict on the 30-minute visits, so please do not ask for longer time as our designated staff members have been given strict instructions. We need to have ample time for you to depart, the staff to clean the areas and prepare for the next family.
6) If you or any family members have any of the following symptoms please stay home and reschedule: sore throat, cough, fever, headache, chills possibly with shaking, loss of smell or taste, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
7) Visiting location will be in the courtyard near the Residents’ Apartment Lounge in the back-Garden Area. Family Members will remain outside in the small courtyard and the Resident will be inside the apartment lounge. There will be a large plastic shield guard that will separate you and your loved ones. This will provide you privacy to visit. We ask that you refrain from moving the barriers and having physical contact with your loved ones. We also realize that you may want to bring a gift or items to your loved ones. We will provide a box for you to place those items in the courtyard during your visit. However, we ask if you are bringing perishable items or food that you continue to leave that at the front door with their name on it.
8) Our designated staff member will meet the families outside the garden area. All family members will have to sign in, have their temperature taken and answer the COVID questions. You will then be escorted into the designated visiting area.
9) No visitors will be allowed in the building. Please do not interact with any other Residents or wander around the grounds. Unfortunately, we cannot make the Restrooms available.
10) We ask that all families please respect and follow these guidelines. They are solely for the protection, safety and well-being of all of our Residents and staff. Thank you!
Regarding Residents going out of our facility, please see the following the Department of Public Health Guidelines. If a Resident leaves the facility they must quarantine for 14 days due to the unknown vaccine effectiveness in the high-risk elderly population. As of now we are asking that Residents only leave the premises for essential medical appointments only. Otherwise they must continue with the 14 day quarantine that we have in place for leaving our facility for anything other than a medical appointment.
We thank you for your understanding and for bearing with us as we navigate through the ever-changing requirements trying to keep all of our Residents safe and well.
We understand that the Residents may need essential items such as prescriptions, personal hygiene items, or just their favorite snacks or goodies. Please call ahead and leave these items in a bag or box at the front door with their name on it. Our receptionists will make sure that your loved ones receive these items.
Our dedicated staff and Little Sisters have been working tirelessly to make sure that your loved ones remain safe and healthy. Please stay at home and minimize social contact as much as possible. This will keep your family members safe.
Thank you for your understanding and collaboration as we make decisions for the health and safety of our Residents and staff. We will continue to keep you updated with any new developments.
We pray that God will protect all of you and your loved ones during this time.
United in Prayerful Support,
Click here for the Visitor’s Guidelines
February 16, 2021
February 8, 2021
January 25, 2021
January 11, 2021
January 7, 2021
December 28, 2020
December 20, 2020
December 17, 2020
November 27, 2020
November 20, 2020
November 13, 2020
October 29, 2020
October 15, 2020
October 7, 2020
September 24, 2020
September 15, 2020
September 10, 2020
September 2, 2020
August 17, 2020
August 13, 2020
August 3, 2020
July 27, 2020
July 20, 2020
July 15, 2020
July 6, 2020
June 29, 2020
June 23, 2020
June 16, 2020
June 2, 2020
May 19, 2020
May 11, 2020
April 28, 2020
April 13, 2020
Special request: click here for our list of needed items.
Join us in praying one MILLION rosaries to end the coronavirus pandemic. Visit our national page here for more information and to sign up.